In the previous Blog, We talked about: When to see the dentist? and How will your child’s first visit be?
In this blog we would explain How to prepare your child to the first dental visit? and Why should you visit a pediatric dentist?
We know you are worried about your first child dental visit and wondering “when should my child’s first visit to the dentist be?” You are not alone! Read on to know when to bring your child to visit the best pediatric dentist for the job.
How to prepare your child to the first dental visit?
You, as a parent, play a significant role in making the first dental visit or even future visits smoother. You have some tips for you before visiting the dentist:
- Don’t Schedule your child’s visit in his/her naptime
- Make sure that your little one has a light meal and brushes his/her teeth before the visit
- You should talk about the dentist in a very positive way using terms that your child like:” Let’s go for a ride in the dentist office chair.” If you would like to know more information about making the dental visit enjoyable experience, read this blog: My child refuses Dental Treatment? Help!
View this post on Instagram
Cotton candy or strawberry! . U pick your pick! . What is your favorite flavor at the dentist’s? Fun and entertainment in the office also equals trust and comfort for them little ones! . Don’t you agree? @mypediaclinic . . #painlessdentistry #funatthedentist #firstdentistvisit #doctor #laughinggas #dryasminkottait #proudmama #pediatricdentist #pediatricdentistuae #pediatricdentistry #positivevibesonly #dubaimoms #dubaihealthcarecity #smile #smiles #smiledoctor #dubaibloggers #دبي #emirati #dentistry #dentist #dentistrymyworld #dentistindubai #dubaikids #dentistforkids #momgram #foodgram #الامارات #اماراتي
Five Don’ts for an upcoming visit to the dentist
Here are 5 things to avoid for a happier visit to the dentist:
- Don’t tell your child to be brave- this presumes there is something to worry about! Let’s just presume your child already is.
- Don’t tell your child that it won’t be painful. This presumes something WILL hurt not the opposite! Children do not understand the word “don’t”. When you say it wont hurt, in their mind, “IT WILL HURT…A LOT”.
- Don’t use the dentist as a punishment (please)! Avoid threats like “if you don’t brush your teeth, the dentist will pull them out”
- Don’t bribe your kid to visit the dentist. A bribe is a negative sign that something will hurt. A reward on the other hand is much desired and can teach the child better coping strategies.
- Don’t be worried. Avoid getting trapped in your own anxiety, your child can sense it. Breathe relax and be cool. Your child will do well especially if you go to a specialist for children’s dentistry and it is your child’s first visit!
Why should you visit a pediatric dentist?
It is best to take your child to a trained professional who only deals with children. A pediatric dentist took 3 years of extra training after dental school to be able to deal with your child in the best way possible.
In our pediatric dental office in Dubai, we use many behavioral techniques that including positive reinforcement and speaking in kid-friendly words to help overcome your child’s fears and make him/her seeing the dentist an enjoyable experience. Our pediatric dental office is bright, cheerful and full of fun activities. When the dentist’s office is exciting, exams and treatments will be easy peasy lemon squeezy! Promise!
Take a healthy smile back to school24/09/2019
Broken Tooth – Toddlers and Kids: Bumps, Lumps and falls- What Parents Need to Know19/08/2019
Summer Heat and Summer Sweets09/08/2019
Hope this helps. Do get in touch for your queries, questions or even daily struggles.
“To a lifetime of healthy happy smiles!”